Just as we are committed to serving the nutritional needs of the families who buy our products, we are also committed to serving the social and environmental needs of the communities in which we live, work and do business.
We take pride in being a company that practices the highest standards of corporate citizenship and social responsibility making it a priority to engage with and support local organizations, projects and initiatives that make a difference.
Schmidt Baking Company is a proud supporter of The Bread Art Project, an initiative created by the Grain Foods Foundation to help increase awareness of the growing hunger problem in our country. The Grain Foods Foundation donates $50,000 to Share Our Strength, as well as an additional $1 for every piece of bread art submitted.
Help end hunger in the U.S. now and create your own bread art today their site HERE.
We maintain a strong presence with the American Bakers Association (ABA) by attending conferences and committee meetings in various disciplines.
- We provide direction and support to all employees and their families in matters that affect the environment, welfare, and well-being of our communities. This includes monetary support and employee participation in events that promote every aspect of Social Responsibility.
- We monitor and review our suppliers with goals and measures to ensure alignment with Schmidt Baking Company’s principles
- We work to continuously improve our practices in an effort to increase operating efficiencies, enhance value, and protect the environment by working together with our employees, business partners, suppliers, and our customer.
At Schmidt Baking, we are continually striving to maintain our superior ethical standards through the following practices and goals:
- Having our Supplier Workplace Accountability audit goal at zero findings.
- Conducting routine Self-Audits to establish full compliance with all employment laws, safety standards and acceptable employment practices.
- Monitoring Regulatory Reform to be proactive in influencing change and compliance once passed.
- Promoting wellness and safety to employees and their families through communications at home and work, health fairs, educational meetings, training and incentive programs.
- Promoting community support and involvement at Corporate and local levels through communications, company support and sponsorship.
- Promoting environment awareness through company communications and incentives.