Sunbeam Bread and Rolls
Includes Small, Family, Sandwich, Homestyle, Buttermilk Breads, Hot Dog and Hamburger Rolls, and Brown and Serve Rolls.
Sunbeam® is the brand name and trademark licensed to leading U.S. wholesale bakers by the Quality Bakers of America Cooperative. It is also one of the nation’s most popular bakery trademarks.
Little Miss Sunbeam®, originated in 1942 to represent a quality line of enriched bakery products for QBA member companies. Today, Sunbeam® sales are in excess of $400 million annually, making it one of America’s leading brands.
Schmidt Baking Company is a proud licensee of QBA co-op producing enriched White bread and rolls for the Northeast region.
For more information, please visit www.qba.com.
- Lower maximum intake of salt from 2,300 mg to 1, 500 mg
- Eat less saturated fat – total saturated fats should drop to 7% of total daily calorie intake from the previous 10%
- Drink fewer sugar-sweetened beverages
- Eat more seafood and low-fat dairy products
- Eat more vegetables, cooked dry beans and peas, fruits, whole grains, nuts and seeds.
- Increase nutritional education, enhance healthy cooking skills and follow good food safety practices.
- Stop adhering to the concept of “discretional calories,” which was added in 2005. The idea was that people who ate according to the guidelines would have a handful of calories left over to indulge in ice cream or chips or other foods with less nutritional value. (Source: International Dairy, Deli, Bakery Association)