Blue Ribbon Bread
Includes Small, Family, King, Sandwich, and Whole Grain White
Since 1886, Schmidt Baking Company’s Blue Ribbon White bread and rolls are our signature items. Even today, with the momentum shifting to Wheat and Whole Grain breads, we still stand by Elizabeth Schmidt’s passion for good White Bread and this is why… most white flour sold in the United States today is “enriched”, meaning vitamins lost in the milling process are added back to the flour in the same proportion found in their beginning form; plus, iron and folic acid are added for increased nutritional value. Enriched White Bread provides added nutrition we all need.
Our Line Of Blue Ribbon Rolls
Includes Schmidt Hotdog and Hamburger Rolls, Brown and Serve, Split Top Dinner, and Steak Rolls.
- Lower maximum intake of salt from 2,300 mg to 1, 500 mg
- Eat less saturated fat – total saturated fats should drop to 7% of total daily calorie intake from the previous 10%
- Drink fewer sugar-sweetened beverages
- Eat more seafood and low-fat dairy products
- Eat more vegetables, cooked dry beans and peas, fruits, whole grains,nuts and seeds
- Increase nutritional education, enhance healthy cooking skills and follow good food safety practices
- Stop adhering to the concept of “discretional calories,” which was added in 2005. The idea was that people who ate according to the guidelines would have a handful of calories left over to indulge in ice cream or chips or other foods with less nutritional value.